Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 311
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat bacon drippings in 6-quart Dutch oven or stockpot over medium heat. Cook and stir ham in hot bacon drippings until slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add chicken and potatoes to the pot; cook and stir until the potatoes soften slightly, about 5 minutes. Season the ham mixture with thyme, marjoram, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Pour cans of whole kernel corn, cream-style corn, and chicken broth into the pot. Stir milk into the mixture. Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook at a simmer until the potatoes are completely tender, about 10 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use any type of cooking oil in place of the bacon drippings, but the bacon fat gives an extra layer of flavor.
- Frozen hash brown-style potatoes can be used in place of the potatoes for even easier preparation.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 311 calories; 11.5 34.8 20.6 54 806 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1