Ingredients25 m servings 153
- Heat a large saucepan over high heat until the surface is very hot; add minced garlic and sear until brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour vodka into the saucepan, taking care to avoid any flames that ignite from the alcohol meeting the hot surface of the pan. Quickly pour cream into pan to douse the flames and stir; add tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, basil, and parsley.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, remove from heat, and rest sauce long enough to let herbs flavor the sauce, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- I have occasionally added sauteed shrimp or chicken for an complete meal when not using as a side dish. Just toss 1 pound shrimp or bite-size chicken breast chunks with garlic and butter in a separate pan until cooked. Add to sauce just before serving.
- You can substitute 1 teaspoon dried basil or parsley for the tablespoon of fresh basil or parsley.
- Diced tomatoes can be used in place of crushed.
- Since this recipe has a high yield, you can freeze the leftovers for quick meals on another day!
- Editor's Note:
- Adding alcohol to a hot pan can cause spontaneous combustion. Only experienced cooks should use this technique.
Per Serving: 153 calories; 11.9 6 2.8 43 344 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
This was very good. I didn't know what to expect from a vodka sauce, but we really enjoyed it. It does make a lot of sauce and I believe I could have made a little more pasta. It was super cr...
This was great, loved the easy to make sauce, I also sautéed some chicken breast in garlic, parsley, adobe, salt & fresh pepper, cut the chicken in to small pieces and added to the sauce with p...
I love the easiness of this sauce and the taste is outstanding. I always add a little more cheese but it is not necessary! This time I use thin spaghetti noodles and topped off the dish with som...
This was absolutely delicious and EASY! I did do what another cook did and crushed San Marzano tomatoes with my hands instead of crushed tomatoes. They are the best! I also added chicken which...
Not only is this a delicious sauce, but it is super easy to make. I followed the directions because it was the first time I made it, and didn't have a flair up when I poured the vodka into the ...
I made this recipe 2X ---outstanding sauce. Experimenting, the 2nd time I added a few greek olives. Thank you for this very simple, super-easy to prepare recipe!