Ingredients25 m servings 153
- Heat a large saucepan over high heat until the surface is very hot; add minced garlic and sear until brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour vodka into the saucepan, taking care to avoid any flames that ignite from the alcohol meeting the hot surface of the pan. Quickly pour cream into pan to douse the flames and stir; add tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, basil, and parsley.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, remove from heat, and rest sauce long enough to let herbs flavor the sauce, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- I have occasionally added sauteed shrimp or chicken for an complete meal when not using as a side dish. Just toss 1 pound shrimp or bite-size chicken breast chunks with garlic and butter in a separate pan until cooked. Add to sauce just before serving.
- You can substitute 1 teaspoon dried basil or parsley for the tablespoon of fresh basil or parsley.
- Diced tomatoes can be used in place of crushed.
- Since this recipe has a high yield, you can freeze the leftovers for quick meals on another day!
- Editor's Note:
- Adding alcohol to a hot pan can cause spontaneous combustion. Only experienced cooks should use this technique.
Per Serving: 153 calories; 11.9 6 2.8 43 344 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
This was very good. I didn't know what to expect from a vodka sauce, but we really enjoyed it. It does make a lot of sauce and I believe I could have made a little more pasta. It was super cr...
I made a couple happy mistakes, I mixed up the portions for the tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes. It turned out a little thicker, and it was a good mistake. I added extra cheese, no reason to e...
I have made this four times over the last year, and I continue to get requests for it at gatherings. After playing around with the base recipe, I now increase the garlic and italian spices by ab...
I followed the directions to the T. The name of the dish is true, it is the best vodka sauce! It is definitely better than any restaurant. I am keeping this recipe for a lifetime.
I made this recipe 2X ---outstanding sauce. Experimenting, the 2nd time I added a few greek olives. Thank you for this very simple, super-easy to prepare recipe!
Yum! Followed the recipe, and added cooked shrimp and steamed pea pods at the end. Everyone asked for the recipe at the end of the meal.