Ingredients3 h 45 m servings 144
- Heat beer and butter together in a saucepan over low heat until butter is melted and temperature reaches 115 to 120 degrees F (45 to 50 degrees C).
- Stir pepper jack cheese, Asiago cheese, onions, and jalapeno peppers together in a bowl.
- Place beer and butter mixture into bread machine pan, add sugar, salt, and flour, respectively. Create a small well about 2-inches deep in the flour and add yeast; push flour over yeast to cover. Add about half the cheese mixture.
- Select Basic or White Bread cycle and start machine.
- After the cycle has been running for 30 minutes add remaining cheese mixture. Continue processing in bread machine. Remove loaf from machine and place on a wire rack until cool, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- I like to use 4-ounces of pepper jack and 4-ounces of Asiago, but any other cheese or cheese combination would work.
- If you do not let it cool it will deform the loaf.
- If you find the bread is rising to high/fast, try removing 1/2 ounce beer the next time you bake. If it is not rising high enough try adding 1/2 ounce beer the next time. Higher altitudes will have differing results.
Per Serving: 144 calories; 10.1 4.1 7.2 32 707 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is a great recipe. The crust was chewy, and the texture was very fine and delicate.I followed the recipe with just two changes. I did not have the cheese listed so I used shredded cheddars....
I used Sharp Cheddar, Jack, and hard Parmesan cheese, about 1/3 of each. That was based on what I had around at the time. It came out great. Next time 3 jalapenos.