Easy Tomato-Beet Soup
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 115
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Puree tomatoes, beets, tomato paste, and 1/2 cup beef stock together in a blender until smooth.
- Pour tomato mixture into a saucepan with the remaining beef stock. Stir sugar, dill, hot pepper sauce, salt, and pepper into the tomato mixture.
- Bring the soup to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until the flavors meld, about 30 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use vegetable stock in place of beef stock to make this vegetarian.
- Freezes well, but if you halve the recipe, be sure amount of tomatoes is at least twice that of beets. The sugar is essential, otherwise soup will be too bitter.
Per Serving: 115 calories; 0.8 22.2 5.1 0 786 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Really good.. the smokiness of the tomatoes, sweetness of beets and the hint of hot sauce..ym