Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 179
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Mix zucchini, onion, and carrots in a bowl. Add enough water to cover and soak for 15 minutes; drain.
- Heat butter in a large stockpot over high heat; cook and stir zucchini, onion, carrots, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning until onion is transparent, about 7 minutes. Add tomatoes and beef bouillon to zucchini mixture; cook and stir until heated through, about 7 minutes.
- Mix water, lentils, and ditalini pasta into zucchini mixture; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until pasta is tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Elbow pasta can be substituted for the ditalini. The larger the pasta you use the longer it needs to simmer.
- Use freshly cooked lentils rather than canned.
- For vegans, substitute sunflower oil for butter.
- Substitute 2 beef bouillon cubes for the 2 tablespoons granules if desired.
- If done in a slow cooker, add 30 minutes to simmer time before adding lentils and pasta.
Per Serving: 179 calories; 4.6 28.8 7.2 10 281 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I used elbow macaroni because I had it on hand. The soup came out more like a stew, which was absolutely fine with me. It was thick and very flavorful. This was the best dish that I have made in...