Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 330 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Press pie crust into a 9-inch square pan.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion until transparent, 5 to 10 minutes. Add garlic, oregano, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper to onion; cook and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and cool onion mixture slightly.
- Mix onion mixture, zucchini, eggs, carrot, 1/2 of the Cheddar cheese, and Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Stir cornbread mix and milk into onion-zucchini mixture; pour into the pie crust. Pinch pie crust edges down into the pan until 1/4-inch from the top. Sprinkle the remaining Cheddar cheese over the filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pie is set in the middle and the top is golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Mexican cheese blend can be substituted for the Cheddar cheese.
- I slice the zucchini and carrot on a mandolin.
Per Serving: 330 calories; 18.6 g fat; 31.1 g carbohydrates; 9.8 g protein; 113 mg cholesterol; 523 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I loved this! Only change I made was I did not use a pie crust. I just made the filling and baked it in a shallow baking dish. Delish!
Made it just like the recipe. I will make it again. Might add cooked bacon or sausage for a complete breakfast casserole. Yummy!!!