Pull-Apart Spider Web Cupcakes
"Treat your family with a perfect Halloween dessert! Enjoy these wonderful spider web cupcakes made with white cake and whipped fluffy-white frosting. Top spider web with plastic spiders for an extra-spooky effect. You can use any flavor cake mix instead of the white cake mix, if desired."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 285
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 cupcakes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 24 muffin cups with paper muffin liners.
- Beat cake mix, water, oil, and eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until batter is completely smooth, about 2 minutes. Divide batter between prepared muffin cups, filling each about 2/3-full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops spring back when pressed, 19 to 23 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes in the pans before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat frosting and orange food coloring together in a bowl until desired shade and consistency are reached.
- Arrange cooled cupcakes close together in a solid circle shape on a large platter. Spread frosting over cupcakes to create one large, round frosted surface. Squeeze 1 large dot of black decorating gel in the center of the frosting. Draw concentric circles around the dot about 2 inches apart. Drag a toothpick from the center dot to the outermost circle; repeat 12 times to make the surface appear to be a spider's web.
You might also like
Per Serving: 285 calories; 12 42.5 1.7 23 232 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1