Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 88
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place beets in a shallow pan.
- Roast beets in the preheated oven until tender, about 1 hour. Remove pan from oven and cool beets until easily handled, at least 15 minutes.
- Peel beets and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Beat balsamic vinegar, honey, and red wine vinegar together with a whisk in a bowl until dressing is smooth.
- Mix beets and onion in a bowl. Drizzle dressing over beet mixture and toss to coat; refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Note:
- This could be made with canned beets but fresh are best.
- Six medium beets can be used in place of the 12 small beets.
Per Serving: 88 calories; 0.2 20.8 2.3 0 104 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I had leftover beets roasted in olive oil, thyme and salt and pepper (I roasted too many for Borscht). From there I followed the recipe exactly. Man these are amazing. It's a week later and I ...
This is a simple and yummy recipE. If you like wilted onions put beneath beets and adddressing or first toss beets in dressing and then add to beets and toss. Allow to sit at least one hour.
I used this recipe as a starting point for roasting and pickling golden beets. Besides the beets, I changed the balsamic and wine vinegar to the white variety. Perfect!