Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 88
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place beets in a shallow pan.
- Roast beets in the preheated oven until tender, about 1 hour. Remove pan from oven and cool beets until easily handled, at least 15 minutes.
- Peel beets and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Beat balsamic vinegar, honey, and red wine vinegar together with a whisk in a bowl until dressing is smooth.
- Mix beets and onion in a bowl. Drizzle dressing over beet mixture and toss to coat; refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Note:
- This could be made with canned beets but fresh are best.
- Six medium beets can be used in place of the 12 small beets.
Per Serving: 88 calories; 0.2 20.8 2.3 0 104 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I had leftover beets roasted in olive oil, thyme and salt and pepper (I roasted too many for Borscht). From there I followed the recipe exactly. Man these are amazing. It's a week later and I ...
I used this recipe as a starting point for roasting and pickling golden beets. Besides the beets, I changed the balsamic and wine vinegar to the white variety. Perfect!