Ingredients1 h servings 249 cals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place chicken in a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir carrots, onion, and salt into hot skillet, cover the skillet, and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir Cajun seasoning into vegetables.
- Sprinkle flour over vegetable mixture in the skillet; cook and stir until flour taste cooks off, about 1 minute. Gradually stir orange juice and broth, respectively, into vegetable mixture; bring to a boil.
- Stir chicken, peas, 1/2 of the parsley, and dill into broth mixture; remove from heat and stir in buttermilk. Pour buttermilk mixture into a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Stir corn flakes and remaining parsley together in a bowl. Sprinkle corn flake mixture over chicken mixture; bake until corn flakes are golden and casserole is bubbling, about 5 minutes more. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- To make ahead of time, prepare the chicken mixture and refrigerate for up to 2 days. When ready to cook, transfer the mixture to a casserole dish and reheat, covered, in a 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oven for 20 minutes. Top with the corn flakes and continue to bake as directed.
Per Serving: 249 calories; 6.6 g fat; 19.5 g carbohydrates; 26.9 g protein; 66 mg cholesterol; 594 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
It's sooooo nice to see a chicken casserole that doesn't include a can of creamed soup, and the texture on this is perfectly creamy. I did cook my chicken breast whole and then cubed. This was...
It's pretty good. I made a few changes just because I had some fresh herbs brought to me so I added fresh oregano and omitted the dill. Next time I'll leave off the cornflakes and either top w...