Bitter Lemon Soda
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 122
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Combine sugar, water, lemon zest, and lavender in a pot and cover; bring to a boil. Cook mixture until sugar is dissolved, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove pot from heat and cool syrup to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Pour lemon juice into a pitcher, strain syrup into lemon juice, and stir until concentrate is evenly mixed. Refrigerate concentrate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
- Fill serving glasses with ice and pour about 2 ounces concentrate into each glass; top with tonic water and stir.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- The lavender is nice, but it is not required.
- Take your gin and tonic to a whole new level by using limes instead of lemons, wow! The possibilities are endless!
- This is also good with mint, basil, and even rosemary instead of the lavender. You can also use this with a light beer to create a delicious shandy!
Per Serving: 122 calories; 0 32.8 0.3 0 8 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
The lavendar came a day later and I added a touch. It's very good. I'll continue to experiment with it. It's much better than regular G&T 'S BUT NOT QUITE THE BITTER LEMON EXPERIENCE YET.