Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 533 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 /2 Gallon)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread 3 cups flaked coconut onto a baking sheet.
- Bake coconut in the preheated oven, turning once, until toasted, 6 to 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Beat sugar and eggs together in a bowl until light and frothy; add cream of coconut and beat well. Add half-and-half and vanilla extract into egg mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir toasted coconut and flaked coconut into half-and-half mixture.
- Pour coconut mixture into the bowl of an ice-cream maker. Pour milk into coconut mixture to fill machine to the fill-line, if necessary. Freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use half-and-half instead of milk for richer ice cream.
- Editor's Note:
- This recipe contains raw egg. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and the infirm do not consume raw egg. Learn more about egg safety from our article, Making Your Eggs Safe.
Per Serving: 533 calories; 32.1 g fat; 57.6 g carbohydrates; 7.6 g protein; 124 mg cholesterol; 108 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1