Simple Sweet Potatoes
Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 681
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Make a long, narrow cut lengthwise down the center of each sweet potato. Wrap each potato in aluminum foil.
- Bake potatoes directly on the rack of the preheated oven until tender, about 1 hour.
- Mash avocado flesh, salt, and pepper together in a bowl with a fork until mostly smooth. Fold onion into avocado mixture. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 45 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from foil and slice open, pushing the two ends of each together to open the potato. Divide 1/2 of the butter between the potato openings. Spoon avocado mixture into each potato and top each with remaining butter.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 681 calories; 27.6 104.6 10.1 20 455 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
I'm always looking for different uses for avocado and sweet potatoes so this seemed like the perfect experiment. I didn't have the red onions so I substituted with a shallot, I don't think that ...
This was different, and I thought it was good! I liked the sweetness of the potatoes w/ the flavors of the avocado mixture. I was worried how everything would work together, but it was nice, and...
I made this last night but highly nervous because the flavor combo seem crazy! I was so fantastic!!! My 14 year old daughter (soon picky) was so mad that I only made 1 sweet potato per person....
I didn't believe it even after reading the reviews but this was good! I only had a half of an avocado but had store bought guacamole so mixed those two together. Really different and we like dif...
It was very good. You need more than 2 avocados though. I would say an avocado per potato
This odd combination is scrumptious! I've made it several times now, the only change is the addition of Tony's Seasoning to the guacamole.