Ingredients40 m servings 143
- Heat milk in a large pot over medium heat until warmed and just under a boil; add parsnips and 1 teaspoon salt, cover with a lid, and cook until parsnips are tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Drain parsnips, reserving the warm milk.
- Mash parsnips, 1 cup reserved warm milk, butter, thyme, and pepper together in the pot using a hand mixer or by blending in a blender. Add more milk, salt, or pepper as desired.
- Cook's Note:
- You may use any type of cream/milk to cook the parsnips in. The heavier the cream, the creamier the result.
- Fresh thyme can also be used. You will have to use about 1 tablespoon to substitute.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount for the milk. The actual amount of milk consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 143 calories; 10.7 7.1 5 31 393 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
Love this recipe! I'm following the Blood type diet and all potatoes are an 'avoid' for me. I had three parsnips, but used almond-milk (unsweetened) rather than whole milk, and enough to cover...
OK so I tried this because my mom is on a no salt, low carb diet. She is not down with mashed cauliflower as a sub for mashed potatoes. I used almond milk (per previous reviewer) to cover and co...
Let me say I LOVE parsnips! I had 4 Large Parsnips - I used just enough milk to barely cover them. Be very careful cooking these in the milk (BTW - I think 5 cups would have been way too much ...
Loved parsnips before this recipe and even more now. Did not measure anything - just cooked the cubed parsnips in milk at low temp and hand mashed with thyme and butter. They came out great. ...
I peeled and chopped the parsnips, and placed them in a sauce pan over medium-low heat. I salted them and added about 90% unsweetened almond milk and about 10% half and half, just enough to cove...
First of all , I didn't know if it was parsnips I was buying until I got to the counter and the cashier asked the bagger what they were and she said parsnips. With that being said I made them ex...
Yum. So good. I didn't watch is close enough and the milk boiled and curdeled. I put it in the blender and it turned out perfect.
Loved it! I used almond milk. Nice to have a healthier alternative to mashed potatoes.