Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 460
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 cupcakes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease or line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Mix cake mix, water, eggs, and vegetable oil together in a bowl; beat with an electric mixer until batter is smooth, about 2 minutes. Fill muffin cups with batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 19 to 23 minutes. Cool cupcakes in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Beat shortening and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth; add vanilla extract and mix well. Beat confectioners' sugar, alternating with milk, into butter-shortening mixture until frosting is stiff and holds its shape; mix in green food coloring until desired color is reached.
- Fill a piping bag, or large resealable freezer bag with a corner snipped, with frosting. Pipe frosting around the top half perimeter and top of each cupcake creating the "head" and "face"; smooth out the frosting using a small spatula, flattening the top into a square-shape for the top of his "head."
- Pour chocolate sprinkles into a shallow bowl and dip the top of each cupcake into the sprinkles, slightly angling the cupcake to get sprinkles around the uppermost top side of the "head" for the "hair."
- Press 2 dark brown chocolate pieces on the sides of each cupcake creating the "bolts." Press 2 blue chocolate pieces into the top front of each cupcake creating the "eyes." Put a dot of black food gel in the center of each blue candy for the "pupil." Make a "stitch" onto the "face" using the red food gel.
You might also like
Per Serving: 460 calories; 24 60.9 2 45 186 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
The flavor, decorations were absolutely perfect. I made a few tweaks for the recipe. I used red velvet cake mix on the cupcakes, for a bloodier and darker look. My family loved them.