Ingredients30 m servings 302
- Mix egg, bread crumbs, salt, and black pepper together in a large bowl. Break ground beef into small pieces and add to the bowl; mix well with your hands until beef is evenly moistened. Shape the beef mixture into four patties.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Cook patties in hot skillet until completely browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side; remove to a platter and drain grease from skillet.
- Return skillet to medium heat. Stir tomato sauce, green onions, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and yellow mustard together in the skillet. Gently lie the patties into the sauce; bring liquid to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the patties are very firm, hot, and grey in the center, about 10 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Cook's Note:
- I have also baked these in the oven at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) instead of frying and they came out just fine.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 302 calories; 15.5 15.4 24.7 121 773 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Nothing fancy here, just meatloaf, good old comfort food perfect for a weekday dinner. I cut back a little on the brown sugar (our personal taste preference), but the ground beef patties with t...
This recipe is a good simple dinner. I served them over noodles. The mustard was a bit strong for our liking. Will adjust next time.
It was easy to make! Kids loved it too! Doubled the recipe, used a cast iron, and it cooked up great. Didn’t have Worcestershire so used Teriyaki instead. Great improve
I made this as actual loaf. kids loved it. This is a good starter. I'll be doing this again