Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 35 m servings 167 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place wheat berries in a pot and cover with water; soak for 3 to 6 hours.
- Drain wheat berries and add 4 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until wheat berries are tender yet firm to the bite and water is absorbed, 1 to 2 hours. Remove pot from heat and cool.
- Mix carrots, celery, onion, and parsley into wheat berries.
- Whisk lemon juice, soy sauce, tahini, olive oil, honey, and salt together in a bowl until smooth; stir into wheat berries mixture.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can serve this salad immediately, but I found it got better after 24 hours in the fridge.
- I used Bragg® Liquid Aminos instead of soy sauce.
- Vegetable stock or chicken stock can be substituted for the water when cooking the wheat berries.
- For a more firm wheat berry, cook for only an hour.
Per Serving: 167 calories; 4.2 g fat; 30 g carbohydrates; 5.1 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 180 mg sodium. Full nutrition