Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 327
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 11x13-inch dish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease an 11x13-inch glass baking dish baking with olive oil.
- Melt 5 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat; cook until bubbling and beginning to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir arrowroot flour into the butter until completely moistened; season with 1 teaspoon marjoram, salt, black pepper, and nutmeg.
- Pour almond milk over the arrowroot mixture, whisking continually to integrate. Bring mixture to a boil, stir ricotta cheese into the mixture until smooth, and immediately remove saucepan from heat.
- Pour about 1/3 of the ricotta mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer. Layer about half the butternut squash, kale, and onion atop the sauce, respectively; top with about 1/2 of the ricotta mixture. Layer remaining squash, kale, and onion over the second layer of ricotta mixture and then cover with remaining ricotta mixture. Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven until the squash is tender, about 30 minutes. Remove and discard aluminum foil.
- Mash the almond meal, nutritional yeast, 5 tablespoons butter, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon marjoram, thyme, and sea salt together with a fork or pastry cutter; spread in a layer atop the gratin.
- Continue baking until the gratin is bubbling and the topping is browned, 5 to 10 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Coconut oil is a suitable replacement for olive oil, if you prefer.
- You can use 1/4 cup flaxseed meal in place of nutritional yeast.
- Nutritional yeast resembles Parmesan cheese in flavor and looks light light brown flakes. It is nutrient-dense, as is flax meal; both are inexpensive and add a punch of flavor to the topping.
- Watch dish closely when baking uncovered, as meal tends to burn easily.
Per Serving: 327 calories; 21.1 30.6 9.6 40 401 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Yes!! Delicious!! My e tire family had seconds!! With garlic naan!!!