0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 138
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Season zucchini with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil over the zucchini halves.
- Bake zucchini in preheated oven until softened, about 10 minutes. Remove to a platter to cool; cut into 2-inch segments, keeping them together to resemble intact halves.
- Season eggplant slices on both sides with salt and pepper; arrange onto the baking sheet.
- Bake eggplant for 15 minutes, flip, and continue baking until browned, 15 to 20 minutes more; remove to a cutting board and let cool slightly.
- Remove and discard skin from eggplant. Chop eggplant flesh and transfer to a large mixing bowl; add tomatoes and garlic.
- Chop 3/4 cup basil leaves; add to eggplant mixture and season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Drizzle 3 tablespoons olive oil over the mixture; toss to coat. Spoon the mixture onto the zucchini halves. Drizzle balsamic vinegar and more olive oil over the stuffed zucchini. Tear remaining basil leaves and sprinkle over the zucchinis.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I baked an entire eggplant, used two slices for this appetizer, and then used the rest to make my favorite grilled skirt steak salad!
- Do not discard zucchini seeds; put them in a sealed container, and you can freeze to use for soups, frittata, or other dishes.
Per Serving: 138 calories; 11.7 7.9 2.2 0 362 Full nutrition