Family Beef Salisbury Steak
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 516
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare a large casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Lightly mix ground beef, 1/2 cup onion, bread crumbs, 3 tablespoons beef broth, milk, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper together in a bowl; divide into 5 portions and shape into patties.
- Season flour with salt and pepper in a wide, shallow dish. Gently lay patties into the flour to lightly coat.
- Heat vegetable oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Fry patties in hot oil until browned completely, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Remove patties to a plate lined with paper towel to drain excess grease.
- Stir remaining beef broth, cream of mushroom soup, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper together in a bowl until smooth.
- Arrange drained patties into the prepared casserole dish. Spread onion slices atop the patties and pour the soup mixture over the patties to cover completely.
- Bake in preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, 45 minutes to 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Cook's Notes:
- This can also be made in a slow cooker instead of in the oven by moving the browned patties to a slow cooker, adding other ingredients from there, and cooking on Low for 4 to 5 hours.
- This is delicious served with mashed potatoes, buttered egg noodles, or rice.
- It could easily be made with ground turkey for the fat-free calorie counters among us.
- I use all msg-free products and Healthy Request® brand soup, and nobody knows the difference.
- I leave extra seasoning to my guests so some might not find this salty enough.
Per Serving: 516 calories; 33.3 21.7 31.2 91 1356 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
we absolutely love this dish!...my husband is not a gravy guy, but he slurps this up...I saute the mushrooms first in olive oil and butter with some garlic...set this aside and cook the patties ...
this was so good. It was simple to follow directions and easy to substitute a couple ingredients. I used crackers instead of seasoned bread crumbs and added a dash of Worcestershire sauce!
Very good. I put it over biscuits because that's how my family likes their Salisbury steak and they loved this recipe
This was a great comfort food for a rainy day. I made as per the recipe and served with mashed potatoes. Only one dislike in the family, she thought it was "mushy". Picky 13 year old so take...
I haven't made salisbury steak in a long time and I am keeping this recipe! It was so delicious. I followed the recipe to a T, made no omissions, and everyone scarfed it up!
There is nothing I would change. This was absolutely delicious. My five year old granddaughter is picky and ate every last drop of the meat. Thank you for sharing. This will be a staple in my ho...
Ok so I have made multiple Salisbury steak recipes on this site before I tried this one and this one is by far the best!!! IT IS PERFECTION, SERIOUSLY! I have a picky son, and a picky husband a...