Easy Apple Pie Coffee Cake
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 539
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Beat eggs and banana together in a bowl until smooth. Add cake mix and apple pie filling to eggs; beat until batter is combined. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Stir brown sugar, coconut, pecans, and cinnamon together in a bowl; sprinkle over batter in the baking dish. Swirl coconut mixture into batter using a knife or toothpick.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 60 minutes.
- Whisk confectioners' sugar and milk together in a bowl until icing is smooth. Drizzle icing over the top of the hot cake. Cool cake in the baking dish to room temperature, cover the dish with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until cold.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use any canned pie filling of your choice.
- Peel and freeze overly-ripe bananas (the black-skinned ones) in small resealable bags. Thaw banana before mixing with eggs.
Per Serving: 539 calories; 15.7 96.5 6.3 71 493 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This is my recipe. You will need 2 previously frozen bananas, thawed. It is the freezing that causes the sugars and moister to crystallize, and when thawed it provides the necessary liquid (al...
The cake was super easy to put together, I used two previously frozen bananas as CDabis suggested. I didn't have any coconut so I left it out and I substituted chopped walnuts for the pecans. I...
I made this cake with no adjustments 3 days ago. My ladies card club all wanted the recipe and raved about the taste. I have another one in the oven in a bundt pan now. My husband wanted to tr...
awesomeness but I used vanilla yogurt instead of banana and super moist white cake mix and its gone and now I have to make another one! this time blueberries yum