Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 40 m servings 400 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Whisk brown sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon together in a shallow bowl. Dip each piece of butter into cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat completely. Place butter pieces in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze until hard, 8 hours to overnight.
- Stir 1 cup flour, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Beat buttermilk, eggs, and white sugar together in another bowl; add flour mixture to buttermilk mixture and beat until smooth. Gradually stir remaining flour into buttermilk mixture until desired batter consistency is reached.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Poke a toothpick into the center of each frozen piece of butter. Dip butter into batter to coat completely.
- Working in batches, carefully drop coated butter pieces into hot oil and cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown and puffed, about 2 minutes. Transfer fried butter to a paper-towel lined plate and dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Cook's Note:
- For easier coating, try piping the butter into teaspoon sized dots instead of cutting into tablespoon sized pieces.
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the batter ingredients. The actual amount of batter consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 400 calories; 31.5 g fat; 27.3 g carbohydrates; 3.6 g protein; 93 mg cholesterol; 289 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1