Ingredients9 h 5 m servings 313
- Place beans into a large container and cover with several inches of cool water; let stand 8 hours to overnight.
- Place bacon in the open pressure cooker and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels and remove pressure cooker from heat, reserving the bacon grease in the pressure cooker to cool, about 10 minutes.
- Stir 4 cups water into cooled bacon grease; add beer and cumin.
- Drain and rinse the soaked beans and add to the water mixture in the pressure cooker.
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker and secure tightly. Cook beans according to manufacturers' instructions for 15 psi over medium-high heat, about 30 minutes; release the pressure.
- Stir jalapeno pepper and garlic into beans. Crumple bacon over beans.
- Close pressure cooker again and bring to 15 psi over medium heat and immediately turn off heat. Remove pressure cooker from heat and allow pressure naturally decrease to 0 psi.
- Cook's Note:
- You can add a 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt or 1/2 Lawry's® seasoning salt but not both; the beans may become too salty if not careful.
Per Serving: 313 calories; 8.2 38 19.3 20 446 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I wanted to try this recipe for the simplicity. I used pepper bacon and cut into smaller strips. I started browning the bacon with the garlic (increased to 2T), added 1/2C chopped onion, and u...
I made this recipe with no alterations except I used the small limas and added a few additional jalapenos. I'm going to apply an overused word. Awesome! The was outstanding and the beer rea...
it was ok, the beer just didn't do it for me, it was easy for a beginner to follow though.