Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 404
- Whisk flour and salt together in a large bowl; cut in the shortening with a knife or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with a fork, until the flour mixture is moistened. When you squeeze a handful of the moistened pastry mixture, it should form a ball. Divide dough in half and shape into balls.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Spray 36 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Roll pastry out 1/8-inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 4-inch rounds; press rounds into the bottom and up sides of muffin cups to make tart shells.
- Beat brown sugar and butter together with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy; beat in eggs, milk, and vanilla extract just until combined. Stir raisins and currants into butter mixture; fill tart shells with mixture 2/3-full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes; leaving oven closed, reduce temperature to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and bake until filling is bubbly and pastry is lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 404 calories; 20.9 52.5 3.4 49 211 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
The butter tarts were really good. I used brown sugar Splenda Mix, instead of regular brown sugar, so I didn't find it too sweet, as dd the previous reviewer (matter of taste, too.) The pastry...
I would say more of 4 to 4.5 star recipe. I choose this recipe for the first Canadian Allrecipes Allstar challenge because I had all the ingredients and liked the fact the recipe did not contai...