Ingredients50 m servings 279 cals
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Place tart shells on a baking sheet.
- Chop 3 ounces of the chocolate into small pieces; sprinkle evenly into the bottom of each tart shell.
- Whisk brown sugar, corn syrup, egg, butter, vinegar, vanilla, and salt together in a bowl; fill tart shells with sugar mixture 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until filling expands and is bubbly and pastry is lightly golden, about 12 minutes. Remove from the oven to cool.
- Melt the remaining chocolate in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, about 1 minute (depending on your microwave). Drizzle chocolate over cooled tarts.
Per Serving: 279 calories; 13.7 g fat; 40 g carbohydrates; 3.2 g protein; 21 mg cholesterol; 129 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Today is all about butter tarts ,my husband’s favorite treat I decided to try this recipe out because of the chocolate…can’t go wrong with chocolate! I used homemade shells instead of store-boug...
This butter tart is such a great change form the regular butter tart. The chocolate is super rich, but in a good way. The combination of the sweet butter tart mixture really compliments the bitt...
When I was making this recipe, I didn't know what to expect. The finished product was gooey, chocolatey, goodness! It's exactly what the title says: a chocolate butter tart.The bottom half is pu...