Ingredients35 m servings 147
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions; spray the inside with cooking spray.
- Whisk almond milk, applesauce, egg, chia seeds, and vanilla extract together in a bowl; let sit until chia seeds start to thicken the mixture, about 2 minutes. Whisk flour, oats, flax seed meal, baking powder, sugar, and salt into almond milk mixture until batter is smooth.
- Scoop 1/2 cup batter into the preheated waffle iron and cook until crisp and golden, about 5 minutes per waffle. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Cook's Notes:
- These waffles freeze beautifully. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Flash-freeze the waffles for 30 minutes. Place frozen waffles in a freezer bag. Toast individual frozen waffles in a toaster oven for 5 minutes.
- Before serving, place cooked waffles on paper towels to avoid sogginess.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 147 calories; 4 24.2 5.2 23 363 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 39
I made these almost as written.... I was out of almond milk so I used regular ole 2% milk. My family devoured them and wanted more. The recipe only made 7 waffles so for large families like mine...
I made this exactly as written and they turned out perfectly. They are slightly crunchy and have a delicious nutty flavor from the different grains. I have a standard waffle maker and this made ...
Yes, I will make these again! Healthy and tasty is a win! I did grind up the oats in my food processor first to a flour or meal consistency only because one child will not eat anything with visi...
My husband and I loved them. Kids will eat again, but of course prefer my much-less-nutrition regular waffle recipe. The only thing I didn't do per recipe was I had to use oil because I didn...
These were yummy! A few revisions I made- I used banana in place of applesauce since that's what I had, part coconut milk, unsweetened shredded coconut, and some cinnamon and nutmeg. Was delish!
The best waffle, I make 14 out of them, 1/4 cup each, great heated up in toaster.
What an excellent recipe did not have applesauce so substituted it with oil also did not have whole wheat flour so used Bob's pancake and waffle mix and did not add baking soda. Got raving revie...
I added 2 TBL of oil so that the waffles would not stick to the waffle iron the second time I made them. They are delicious and nutritious and have become a staple for my family.