Ingredients35 m servings 147
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions; spray the inside with cooking spray.
- Whisk almond milk, applesauce, egg, chia seeds, and vanilla extract together in a bowl; let sit until chia seeds start to thicken the mixture, about 2 minutes. Whisk flour, oats, flax seed meal, baking powder, sugar, and salt into almond milk mixture until batter is smooth.
- Scoop 1/2 cup batter into the preheated waffle iron and cook until crisp and golden, about 5 minutes per waffle. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Cook's Notes:
- These waffles freeze beautifully. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Flash-freeze the waffles for 30 minutes. Place frozen waffles in a freezer bag. Toast individual frozen waffles in a toaster oven for 5 minutes.
- Before serving, place cooked waffles on paper towels to avoid sogginess.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 147 calories; 4 24.2 5.2 23 363 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 36
I made these almost as written.... I was out of almond milk so I used regular ole 2% milk. My family devoured them and wanted more. The recipe only made 7 waffles so for large families like mine...
I made this exactly as written and they turned out perfectly. They are slightly crunchy and have a delicious nutty flavor from the different grains. I have a standard waffle maker and this made ...
My husband and I loved them. Kids will eat again, but of course prefer my much-less-nutrition regular waffle recipe. The only thing I didn't do per recipe was I had to use oil because I didn...
Yes, I will make these again! Healthy and tasty is a win! I did grind up the oats in my food processor first to a flour or meal consistency only because one child will not eat anything with visi...
The best waffle, I make 14 out of them, 1/4 cup each, great heated up in toaster.
These were yummy! A few revisions I made- I used banana in place of applesauce since that's what I had, part coconut milk, unsweetened shredded coconut, and some cinnamon and nutmeg. Was delish!
Yum! I found it did not need the extra sugar. Very tasty and filling.
These are nutty and delicious. Thank you for this wonderful recipe. I eat mine with some yogurt. Really great.