Ingredients40 m servings 661
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 10 minutes; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons of the water.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Saute fennel, zucchini, celery, shallots, garlic, and red pepper in hot oil until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes; add prawns and continue to cook until prawns have changed color, about 1 minute per side.
- Pour tomato puree over the vegetables; add fennel seed and stir. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook until the vegetables are slightly tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir reserved water from boiling the pasta into the sauce mixture. Season sauce with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour sauce and vegetable mixture over the drained pasta, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, and stir to coat.
- Cook's Note:
- I used Vannamei prawns and a yellow zucchini to add more colors to the dish.
- Two small fennel bulbs can be used in place of one large.
Per Serving: 661 calories; 10.4 115.3 28.6 67 553 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This was a nice change, though maybe a bit heavy on the fresh fennel.
Had fennel, shrimp and shallots in the fridge. Substituted carrots for zuchinni; left out the celery; substituted sweet peppers and red chili flakes and used tomato paste, water and chicken boui...
Terribly delicious :) Cooked it without fennel, zucchini and shallot, but added a little bit carrot to the vegetables, still super yum!