Seared Scallops with Corn Cream
Ingredients35 m servings 276
- Stir corn kernels, chicken broth, 2 tablespoons butter, cayenne pepper, and salt together in a saucepan; bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until corn is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pour corn mixture into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth. Pour pureed corn mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a saucepan. Season with salt to taste.
- Toss scallops, Fresno pepper, canola oil, kosher salt, and smoked paprika in a bowl until scallops are completely coated. Separate pepper slices from scallops.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over high heat until very hot, about 5 minutes. Cook scallops in hot skillet until browned on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook on the other side until cooked through, about 3 minutes more. Cook and stir sliced peppers on the side of the skillet while the scallops are cooking.
- Remove skillet from heat; transfer scallops to a plate, leaving peppers in hot skillet. Stir water and 1 tablespoon butter into peppers until butter melts. Drizzle lemon juice over peppers; stir to glaze peppers completely.
- Divide corn cream between four bowls. Place 3 scallops over corn puree and top with glazed peppers. Garnish with radish sprouts.
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute grapeseed oil for the canola oil, if desired. You can substitute water for the chicken broth, if desired.
Per Serving: 276 calories; 13 18.4 23.1 64 987 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 23
Made this for dinner tonight and it received rave reviews. I added a few bits of bacon for added texture ( and who doesn't love bacon). My husband even noticed that it was plated like a restaura...
Thank you! I finally learned from this recipe how to properly sear scallops. Adding the oil to the scallops and heating the pan did the trick!
SUPERB! Watch the video before making because it definitely helps in the preparation. Made it exactly as written! Didn't have the radish sprouts though...not really missed though...I did sprinkl...
Excellent! Followed recipe exactly. My husband thought this was better than 5 star restaurant. Thanks Chef John your recipes are Amazing!
My husband and I have a “date night” every Friday night after we put the kids down. We cook something special. I’ve made this 5 times. It’s definitely our favorite dish in our date night rotatio...
Love this recipe, I've made it twice now and I feel like a culinary rock star each time...chef John has made me a way better cook than I have any business being. I made this with a bag of frozen...
Delicious! I couldn't find radish sprouts, so I substituted watercress.
Wow and wow!!!! unbelievable dish, it was so decedent and flavor was outstanding!! This is a keeper in my data base , my hats off to the person or persons who came up with the recipe! could n...