Ingredients50 m servings 345
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; stir flour into butter until smooth. Add onion to flour-butter mixture; cook and stir until onion is softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Mix black olives, lemon juice, oil, paprika, black pepper, and salt into onion mixture; cook and stir until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir chicken into mixture and remove skillet from heat and cover.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy saucepan or deep-fryer.
- Fill tortillas with chicken mixture. Roll tortilla around filling and secure with a toothpick.
- Fry the rolled tortillas, working in batches, in the hot oil until browned, about 2 minutes. Transfer fried tortillas to a paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon or tongs.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 345 calories; 18.9 31.4 12 35 367 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 29
These were really good!! We decided to bake instead of fry. I put the chicken mixture in the tortilla and added about a TBSP of grated cheddar cheese, then rolled them up and placed in a 9 X 1...
Yummmmmm! With a family of 7, I'm always on the look out for new Taco Tuesday ideas (you know, I don't want to keep repeating the same meal every week!). Everyone LOVED these flautas!
My family liked these flautas. The lemon flavor gave the flautas a tang that lemon lovers would like. I sautéed the onions in the butter and then added the flour. I used a whisk to smooth out th...
I made this because I could not believe the ingredients and all the rave reviews. I have to say we liked it a lot. The kids asked me to make these again. I followed the recipe as is except us...
My husband really liked these. I thought they were okay. I added a cup of grated up summer squash to make it a little more healthy. I also baked them in the oven for about 45 minutes until they ...
My 13yr old chose this dish to make for her Spanish class assignment. The recipe, as is, creates a delicious dish.
I loved this recipe. For the filling I used serrano chile, salt, pepper, onion and the rue. I used left over chicken bought from grocery store. As I stuffed the flour tortilla added spice of moz...
Very good recipe! I made some changes based on personal preference: used corn tortillas instead of flour, omitted black olives, added a little cumin and some cheddar cheese. Also baked as other ...