Ingredients50 m servings 345
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; stir flour into butter until smooth. Add onion to flour-butter mixture; cook and stir until onion is softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Mix black olives, lemon juice, oil, paprika, black pepper, and salt into onion mixture; cook and stir until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir chicken into mixture and remove skillet from heat and cover.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy saucepan or deep-fryer.
- Fill tortillas with chicken mixture. Roll tortilla around filling and secure with a toothpick.
- Fry the rolled tortillas, working in batches, in the hot oil until browned, about 2 minutes. Transfer fried tortillas to a paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon or tongs.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 345 calories; 18.9 31.4 12 35 367 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 27
These were really good!! We decided to bake instead of fry. I put the chicken mixture in the tortilla and added about a TBSP of grated cheddar cheese, then rolled them up and placed in a 9 X 1...
Yummmmmm! With a family of 7, I'm always on the look out for new Taco Tuesday ideas (you know, I don't want to keep repeating the same meal every week!). Everyone LOVED these flautas!
My family liked these flautas. The lemon flavor gave the flautas a tang that lemon lovers would like. I sautéed the onions in the butter and then added the flour. I used a whisk to smooth out th...
I made this because I could not believe the ingredients and all the rave reviews. I have to say we liked it a lot. The kids asked me to make these again. I followed the recipe as is except us...
My husband really liked these. I thought they were okay. I added a cup of grated up summer squash to make it a little more healthy. I also baked them in the oven for about 45 minutes until they ...
I loved this recipe. For the filling I used serrano chile, salt, pepper, onion and the rue. I used left over chicken bought from grocery store. As I stuffed the flour tortilla added spice of moz...
Very good recipe! I made some changes based on personal preference: used corn tortillas instead of flour, omitted black olives, added a little cumin and some cheddar cheese. Also baked as other ...
I didn't have Paprika so I added 3 generous shots of our favorite hot sauce and one tablespoon of green chiles - they were a hit!