Ingredients2 h 45 m servings 354
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Whisk flour, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder together in a bowl. Dredge roast through the flour mixture to evenly coat.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat; brown roast in the melted butter, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer roast to an oven bag and put into a 13x9-inch casserole dish.
- Whisk beef consomme, water, onion soup mix, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce together in a bowl; pour into the oven bag over the roast. Cut 6 small slits in the top of the oven bag for ventilation.
- Bake roast in the preheated oven for 1 hour 45 minutes; add carrots, onion, and mushrooms to the oven bag and bake until vegetables are tender and roast is cooked through, about 45 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Cook's Notes:
- You may also add potatoes or any other other vegetable to the bag. You can also add to the water to reduce saltiness to your liking.
Per Serving: 354 calories; 21.3 13.2 26.6 94 773 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
It was the tenderest, juciest potroast I have ever made and I would make it again. Made it with a "found" chuck roast from a friend who's freezer went belly up. Had the oven bags on hand and d...
Delicious! I will never use a different recipe for pot roast. Followed the recipe and it was done in 3 hours. Tender and tasted sooo good. Thanks for this great recipe. The oven bag did a great ...
Simply Delious...My husband is the meat chef in our house so when I told him I'm making the beef for Thanksgiving he was shocked. He gave me my props..LOL LOL. I just added mushrooms since my f...
Making this for the second time, great recipe!! The whole family (even the picky eaters) loved it!! Super easy and delicious!
I love this recipe, but I use a crockpot instead of the bag and oven. I use all the same ingredients listed but I switched the beef consume for beef broth. I cut up carrots, potatoes, 1 onion an...
This method of cooking the pot roast is excellent! The pot roast came out so tender and juicy. Due to food allergies I did not use the onion soup mix but I tried to replicate the spice mixture....