Ingredients2 h 45 m servings 354
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Whisk flour, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder together in a bowl. Dredge roast through the flour mixture to evenly coat.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat; brown roast in the melted butter, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer roast to an oven bag and put into a 13x9-inch casserole dish.
- Whisk beef consomme, water, onion soup mix, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce together in a bowl; pour into the oven bag over the roast. Cut 6 small slits in the top of the oven bag for ventilation.
- Bake roast in the preheated oven for 1 hour 45 minutes; add carrots, onion, and mushrooms to the oven bag and bake until vegetables are tender and roast is cooked through, about 45 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Cook's Notes:
- You may also add potatoes or any other other vegetable to the bag. You can also add to the water to reduce saltiness to your liking.
Per Serving: 354 calories; 21.3 13.2 26.6 94 773 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 17
It was the tenderest, juciest potroast I have ever made and I would make it again. Made it with a "found" chuck roast from a friend who's freezer went belly up. Had the oven bags on hand and d...
Delicious! I will never use a different recipe for pot roast. Followed the recipe and it was done in 3 hours. Tender and tasted sooo good. Thanks for this great recipe. The oven bag did a great ...
Making this for the second time, great recipe!! The whole family (even the picky eaters) loved it!! Super easy and delicious!
Simply Delious...My husband is the meat chef in our house so when I told him I'm making the beef for Thanksgiving he was shocked. He gave me my props..LOL LOL. I just added mushrooms since my f...
Such a great recipe, thank you for sharing it with us all!! I add a lot of garlic powder, and onion powder also a bunch of pepper to the flour mixture. I’ve used a can of consume to make this as...
Very easy and delicious! I used half a packet of the soup mix because I find the entire pack a bit salty and I used a can of cream of mushroom soup instead of the consommé. I also sautéed fresh...
I only had onions and potatoes on hand, but it came out wonderful! This recipe is a keeper!