- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove stems from mushrooms, but do not discard. Using a small melon baller, scoop out insides of mushrooms, leaving at least half shell to allow more room for filling. Finely chop mushroom stems and centers.
- Melt butter over medium heat in large skillet. Add onion and garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in chicken, chopped mushrooms, Diamond Crystal(R) Kosher Salt, and pepper. Cook and stir 3 minutes longer. Blend in flour, cream and 3 tablespoons parsley. Cook and stir until bubbly and thickened. Remove from heat.
- Spoon mixture evenly into mushroom caps. Place in lightly oiled, shallow baking dish. Bake 10 minutes. Top with remaining 2 tablespoons parsley and garnish with mozzarella or Parmesan cheese, if desired. Bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until hot and cheese melts. Garnish with additional parsley, if desired.
- Appetizer Category Winner Drew Sanders
- **Chicken can be left over, microwaved or steamed specifically for recipe. To microwave: place chicken and 3 tablespoons water in shallow baking dish. Cover and microwave at 70 percent power 10 to 12 minutes or until center is no longer pink. Cool slightly.
Per Serving: 228 calories; 19.8 7.6 7 73 1476 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
These were a big hit at my house and didn't last long at all! I think they would go well with a side of rice as a fun, different meal.
These were very good- though I'm glad I followed my instincts and cut way back on the salt. I used 1 TEASPOON Diamond Crystal® Kosher Salt, the called for amount would have made this dish inedi...