Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 999 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine Diamond Crystal(R) Kosher Salt, brown sugar, white sugar, cocoa powder, and chipotle chili powder in a medium sized bowl; stir well. Transfer to a sealable airtight container; set aside until needed. Spice blend will hold for 6 to 9 months at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Rinse chicken and lightly dry off with paper towel. Place chicken in a heat-proof baking dish.
- Liberally rub approximately 1/2 cup seasoning onto chicken; apply at least 30 to 60 minutes prior to cooking. If not cooking within the hour, cover and refrigerate. (If removed directly from fridge, allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.)
- Drizzle and gently rub chicken with oil.
- Roast in the pan to an internal temp 160 degrees F, approximately 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Allow to rest for 20 to 25 minutes before carving or serving.
- Cargill Culinary Team
- You can also cut up the chicken, prepare as above, and place chicken pieces directly on a grill.
- Note: The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the rub ingredients, not just the amount used in this recipe.
Per Serving: 999 calories; 37.4 g fat; 107 g carbohydrates; 60.9 g protein; 239 mg cholesterol; 22966 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Easy recipe to make, great use of spices, loved the flavor. We'll def make this one again.
I used chicken breasts that had the skin removed. It would probably have been better with the skin on, which would have been moister.