Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 484
Original recipe yields 12 servings (3 dozen cookies)
- Melt butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add sugar and dates to the melted butter; stir until the sugar dissolves, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat, add egg, and stir quickly to prevent the egg from cooking.
- Return skillet to medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a full boil, 4 to 6 minutes; cook at a boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute more.
- Remove skillet from heat. Stir rice cereal, chopped coconut, chopped cherries, and vanilla extract with the dates. Let mixture cool until beginning to firm, about 10 minutes.
- Shape mixture by rounded teaspoonful into 1-inch balls. Spread flaked coconut into a wide, shallow dish and roll balls in the coconut to coat.
- Cook's Note:
- Will harden as it cools. so work quickly to make cookies. Can try to reheat if it cools too quickly, but that can cause problems.
Per Serving: 484 calories; 33.4 47.7 3.5 56 184 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This is one delicious cookie. I have made these for Christmas for many years. They are absolutely my family's favorite. Even though they are not baked, they are a bit labor intensive as rolli...