Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 386 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray an 9x12-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Rub the red bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, and orange bell peppers with barbeque rub; arrange in the baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir chicken, onion, green chile pepper, jalapeno pepper, turmeric, coriander, cumin, salt, and pepper until chicken and onion are lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add beer to chicken mixture; reduce heat to low, cover skillet, and simmer until beer is reduced by half and chicken is cooked through, about 45 minutes.
- Fill bell peppers with chicken mixture. Pour stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and chickpeas into the baking dish, around the bell peppers. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and add rice and Mexican cheese blend on top of the tomato mixture around the bell peppers; continue cooking until cheese is golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Any variety of cheese can be substituted for the Mexican cheese blend.
Per Serving: 386 calories; 9.4 g fat; 54.3 g carbohydrates; 21.5 g protein; 40 mg cholesterol; 1044 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
There was a lot going on in this recipe but oddly enough the flavors worked okay. What didn't work for me was the 2 hours and 10 minutes of time invested just to end up with a so so dish. Also, ...