Ingredients15 m servings 86
- Grind dates in a food processor until smooth; add cashews and continue to process until finely ground.
- Transfer the cashew mixture to a large bowl. Mix orange zest and cardamom into the cashew mixture. Divide and shape mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Spread coconut flakes into the bottom of a shallow dish. Roll balls in coconut to coat.
- Cook's Notes:
- You could substitute nutmeg for the cardamom.
- If flakes have a hard time sticking to the outside of the balls, add coconut to mixture before turning them into balls.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Per Serving: 86 calories; 5.5 9 1.7 0 56 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I made these bites for a family dinner this Easter and they were a hit! Nice and moist, and a great consistency, and the orange zest was perfection! I didn't give this 5 starts as I found the i...
Easy to make. I used nutmeg instead of cardamom, 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of orange zest and I mixed in the coconut because it wouldn't stick to the outside.
Very, very tasty, but I had to add about 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to get the balls to hold together. Also, I had to aggressively press the coconut onto the balls to get it to stick.
So easy to make and very tasty. I look forward to one of these satisfying my afternoon sweet craving!