Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 227 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings
- Grease bottom and the lower 1 inch of the sides of a 9x13-inch baking dish with butter. Pour cereal into the prepared dish.
- Mix butterscotch chips and peanut butter together in a bowl and melt in a microwave oven, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes; pour over cereal and stir until cereal is coated. Use a spatula or the back of a spoon to compact mixture into the dish.
- Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, for 1 to 3 minutes (depending on your microwave). Spread over the top of the bars with a spatula.
- Refrigerate bars again until the chocolate is firmed, about 10 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- If it is crumbling when you cut it, it may be too cold (if you chilled it in the freezer or outside in the winter), and you may need to warm up a bit. It is not as chewy as other recipes.
Per Serving: 227 calories; 13.5 g fat; 24.4 g carbohydrates; 3.7 g protein; 1 mg cholesterol; 121 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
too crunchy, fell apart when they were cut into squares. There are better recipes out there.