Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 301 cals
- Place lamb in a bowl and drizzle 2 teaspoons olive oil over lamb; stir until coated.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil in a saucepan over low heat; cook and stir onion until softened, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and add potato to onion.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir lamb, working in small batches, until browned, about 5 minutes per batch. Transfer browned lamb to onion mixture.
- Stir curry into lamb-onion mixture and cook over medium heat for 1 minute. Add water to lamb-onion mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover saucepan, and simmer until lamb is cooked through and potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Mix coconut milk and chickpeas into lamb-onion mixture and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Per Serving: 301 calories; 13.8 g fat; 17.4 g carbohydrates; 28.1 g protein; 80 mg cholesterol; 102 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
the basis of this recipe is good, but we tweaked it a bit. used about a tablespoon of curry powder rather than 1/2 cup. we only let the meat, potatoes, and onion simmer in the water for about 2...
Thank you for sharing this recipe! I love delicious ethnic lamb dishes and this one is amazing. I have never reviewed a recipe before but this one deserves the time to write a review. I have no ...
This dish was good but I made some modifications to the recipe. I prepared it as instructed and realized it needed some tweaking. It seemed to be a bit bland and had way too much curry, so I add...
We all enjoyed this, I did cut back on the curry though, it was 5 star tastewith my modification but i rate how its written. We will make it again! Thanks for submitting!