Kristi's Special Fried Rice
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 302 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan; add rice and red pepper flakes. Cover saucepan with a lid and remove from heat; let stand until water is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork and cool, about 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir rice until coated in oil, 15 to 20 seconds. Add egg to wok; cook and stir until scrambled and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir green onions and garlic into rice mixture and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add cabbage, pineapple, cilantro, and bean sprouts to rice mixture; cook and stir until cabbage starts to wilt, about 5 minutes. Stir soy sauce into rice mixture and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Cook's Note:
- I usually cook the rice about 30 minutes before I am going to prepare the dish to make sure that it is not hot when I am ready for it. You can even prepare it the night before and put it in the refrigerator.
- Cole slaw mix can be substituted for the shredded cabbage.
Per Serving: 302 calories; 8.3 g fat; 51.1 g carbohydrates; 6.5 g protein; 31 mg cholesterol; 85 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1