Ingredients40 m servings 645 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Trim about 1 inch from one side of each pita pocket and arrange onto prepared sheet.
- Roll sausage into 32 small meatballs.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Fry meatballs in skillet until completely browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Drain meatballs on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Stir pasta sauce, onion, and cream cheese together in a saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring regularly until onion is tender, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer meatballs to a large mixing bowl; add 1 cup of the pasta sauce mixture and mozzarella cheese. Mix until the meatballs are coated in sauce and cheese.
- Gently stuff pita pockets with meatball mixture using a small spoon.
- Bake stuffed pita pockets in preheated oven until heated through and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Serve pockets with remaining sauce for dipping.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the pita bread. The actual amount of the bread consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 645 calories; 38 g fat; 43.6 g carbohydrates; 30.2 g protein; 96 mg cholesterol; 1991 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
We enjoyed this recipe. Easy to make for a quick dinner and was very tasty. I accidentally added the whole amount of sauce to the meatballs, so after fishing them out with a spoon to stuff the...
These were delightful. I used spicy italian turkey sausage and made it all in one pan. After frying the meatballs I removed to a plate, deglazed the pan with 1/2 c of water and added cream chee...