Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h servings 179 cals
Original recipe yields 18 servings (18 cookies)
- Mix flour, almonds and baking powder in small bowl; set aside.
- Beat Fleischmann's and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Add flour mixture; beat until well blended.
- Divide dough into four equal portions; wrap individually with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Place one portion of dough between two sheets of waxed paper; roll to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into round shapes with 2-1/2-inch cookie cutter. Place, 1 inch apart, on prepared baking sheet. Cut three (1/4-inch) circles from half of the cookies using a sharp knife. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or just until edges are browned lightly. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Assemble cookies by spreading 2 teaspoons preserves onto each solid cookie; top with 1 cut-out cookie. Sift confectioners' sugar over assembled cookies. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
- Cook's Tips
- When baking, spray PAM on your pastry or cookie cutters before using. You'll get better shapes and it won't stick to the cutter so it makes for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 179 calories; 7.7 g fat; 25.5 g carbohydrates; 2.6 g protein; 10 mg cholesterol; 82 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
These came out very good, better than bakery. followed the recipe exactly. Can't make them again because I couldn't stop eating them.