Ingredients2 h 20 m servings 113 cals
- Beat Blue Bonnet and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, stopping occasionally to scrape down side of bowl. Add corn syrup, egg yolks and almond extract, mix well. Gradually add flour, beating on low speed after each addition until well blended. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray baking sheets with cooking spray; set aside. Beat egg whites lightly in small bowl with wire whisk until frothy. Place pecans in shallow dish.
- Roll heaping teaspoons of dough into balls. Dip each ball into egg whites, then roll in pecans until evenly coated. Place 1-1/2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Press 1 cherry half, cut-side down, into center of each ball.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack.
- Cook's Tips
- Spray PAM on knives, spatulas, food processor blades to make clean-up a breeze.
Per Serving: 113 calories; 6.2 g fat; 14.1 g carbohydrates; 1.5 g protein; 7 mg cholesterol; 48 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I used to make these every Christmas, but they were called something different and made with real butter....which I prefer.
My mom calls these thimble cookies cuz her grandma used to make these and use a thimble to make a hole for jam or the cherry we now use ;) otherwise the same recipe balls rolled in nuts yum
That cherry almond flavor in a cookies is one of my favorites! The only thing I changed was that I chopped up the cherries and mixed in with the batter. These were SUPER YUMMY!!