Green Tea Mochi Ice Cream
Ingredients4 h 35 m servings 83
- Remove and discard the top half of a cardboard egg carton. Line 10 of the cups in the bottom half of the egg carton with plastic wrap. Watch Now
- Scoop ice cream into 10 prepared egg carton cups. Cover scoops with plastic wrap and freeze until very firm, at least 2 hours. Watch Now
- Stir rice flour, water, and salt together in a microwave-safe bowl; add sugar and stir until completely smooth. Whisk green tea powder into rice flour mixture. Watch Now
- Cover the rice flour mixture bowl with plastic wrap; microwave for 2 minutes. Stir rice flour mixture, re-cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and microwave until mochi dough is thick and sticky, about 1 1/2 minutes more. Watch Now
- Lightly dust a work surface with cornstarch. Turn mochi dough out on prepared work surface. Roll dough into a 1/8-inch thick rectangle; cut dough into 10 equal squares. Watch Now
- Remove ice cream balls from plastic wrap. Place 1 ice cream ball in the center of 1 mochi dough square. Gather mochi dough together to cover the ice cream ball completely, pinch the edges together at the base, and cut off any excess dough. Repeat with remaining ice cream and dough squares. Watch Now
- Tightly cover each mochi ball in plastic wrap and place in egg carton, seam-side down. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours. Watch Now
Per Serving: 83 calories; 2.4 14.6 1.3 9 33 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Thank you for this recipe! Tried it for the mochi only (so no ice cream) and it turned out really nicely. For anyone considering using this recipe, just make sure you're really generous with the...
Does anyone have a non microwave method I csn use... We are not fans of microwaves in my home so we dont own one
Love the recipe, but I think my microwave is too strong. What kind of microwave did you use? I have a 1250watt. Thank you
Good recipe for mochi, but the ice cream bit was a complete failure for me. The mochi is too fragile (easily torn) to stretch around the balls, especially if you try to roll it out as thin as th...