Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients18 m servings 188 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Set oven rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a shallow baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Spread a thin layer of mascarpone cheese over each fig half. Press 2 to 3 pistachio nuts into the mascarpone cheese. Wrap 1 slice bacon around the fig half and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining figs, mascarpone cheese, pistachio nuts, and bacon.
- Arrange wrapped figs on the prepared baking sheet.
- Broil in the preheated oven until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Drizzle honey on top.
- Cook's Notes:
- This recipe could be modified to be made with goat cheese (I just don't like it).
- Substitute almonds for the pistachios if desired.
- You can bake these instead of broiling them. The reason I used pre-cooked bacon is because I didn't want to turn the figs and cheese into mush trying to get the bacon to cook.
Per Serving: 188 calories; 12.5 g fat; 14.6 g carbohydrates; 6.2 g protein; 31 mg cholesterol; 293 mg sodium. Full nutrition