Sweet Potato Waffles with Cranberry Maple Syrup
Ingredients25 m servings 517
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Stir sweet potato, milk, egg, and butter together in a bowl. Whisk flour, brown sugar, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt together in a separate large bowl. Add potato mixture to flour mixture; stir until batter is just combined.
- Ladle batter into the preheated waffle iron and cook until waffles are golden and crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Stir maple syrup, cranberry sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon together in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until well-combined and heated through, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour syrup over cooked waffles.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 517 calories; 7 108.2 7.9 52 631 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
Followed instructions as written and loved this recipe. Was so much easier than others I found online for sweet potato waffles. The only small problem I had was that I was using fresh sweet ...
Followed the recipe exactly using canned sweet potatoes (in syrup). The texture was perfect and the family loved both the waffles and the cranberry maple syrup. It was a great way to begin th...
The waffles were absolutely delicious!! We loved them. I didn't have cranberry sauce so I just sprinkled a few Craisins on top with some toasted Pecans and warm Maple Syrup. My problem with this...
These waffles are oh so yummy, and the Cranberry Maple Syrup is the perfect accompaniment. Thanks for sharing.
After I decided I was making this I realize I was out of flour so I did a little bit of adjusting and used pancake mix. I found the directions for this recipe minus the baking powder and the flo...
This was a good recipes to follow. I had a medium sweet potato that I cooked in the microwave and cooled. This I smashed into sour cream and peanut butter and a bit of molasses instead of milk ...
I made these without nutmeg - how did I have none let and not know it!? I enjoyed them. The recipe made 4 large belgian waffles - one for me, one for him and one for each dog!! (Not having nutm...