Baked Italian Egg, Zucchini, and Scallion Frittata
Ingredients50 m servings 94 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking dish with coconut oil.
- Drain zucchini and onion in a colander until no longer wet, about 10 minutes.
- Beat eggs, almond flour, green onions, garlic, onion powder, basil, sea salt, and black pepper together in a large mixing bowl until smooth; stir zucchini and onion into the egg. Pour the egg mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until set in the center, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can take slices of this frittata and enjoy it on a slider (hamburger, lamb, or turkey) or like we did with a perfectly grilled rib-eye!
- Coconut flour can replace almond flour, if preferred.
Per Serving: 94 calories; 7.3 g fat; 2.6 g carbohydrates; 5.2 g protein; 140 mg cholesterol; 275 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was very good. I made it on a Sunday night and portioned it into servings to have for breakfast for the work week. It held up really well and was very satisfying. It is really easy to make,...
No changes but left out the pepper due to allergies. I loved it! Dairy free and flavor intensifies after setting or the next day. Reheat slices in a toaster.
I prefer Dill instead of Basil and I added mushrooms and shredded cheddar cheese on top under the broiler for a few, delicious