Ingredients55 m servings 223
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat milk, shortening, egg, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until smooth. Stir 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt into milk mixture until dough comes together. Spread dough out into the bottom of a rimmed baking sheet.
- Spread apples over the dough on the baking sheet.
- Stir 1 cup sugar, melted butter, 1/4 cup flour, and cinnamon together in a bowl until topping is combined. Sprinkle topping over apples.
- Bake in the preheated oven until apples are tender and topping is golden, about 40 minutes.
Per Serving: 223 calories; 7.2 38.7 2.4 21 206 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is called a slab pie but I am not sure if it should be classified a cake. It is really somewhere in between! I followed the recipe exactly and it was good. I will make it again but may add ...
Yes, it was easy but my cake turned out really dry. I should've watched it really closely since the batter was so thin.