Ingredients40 m servings 244
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine Gouda, scallion, pimientos and 1/2 teaspoon paprika in a small bowl.
- Cut a horizontal slit along the thin, long edge of each chicken breast, nearly through to the opposite side, and open like a book. Sprinkle the breasts with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Divide the cheese filling among the breasts, placing it in the center of each. Close the breast over the filling, pressing the edges firmly together to seal. Sprinkle the breasts with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned on one side, about 2 minutes. Turn the chicken over and transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165 degrees F, about 15 minutes.
- Recipe Tips & Notes:
- Tip: It can be difficult to find small chicken breasts. Remove the strip of meat from the underside of a 5- to 6-ounce breast--the "tender," about 1 ounce of meat--to yield a perfect individual portion. Freeze the tenders and use them in a stir-fry.
- By EatingWell.com. © Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Per Serving: 244 calories; 11 1.2 33.3 98 485 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I added some extra shredded smoked Gouda on top of the chicken when it was done. An absolutely delicious meal. We will have it again!
I tried it but did my own tweaking to it. Very juicy and delicious. I posted a pic
I did make a few modifications. When I sliced open the chicken I did use the salt, pepper and paprika but I used a mixture of various shredded cheeses as that is what I had on hand. Then used ...
I didn't remove the tenders, used large chicken breasts, and added sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil to the recipe. Rave reviews - I will definitely be making this again!