Ingredients55 m servings 220
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange bacon in a Reynolds(R) Bakeware Bacon Pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes, until almost crisp. Drizzle the bacon with 1 tablespoon maple syrup and bake 4 to 6 minutes more or until glazed. Cook longer for crispier bacon. Cool and chop.
- Stir together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, butter and remaining 4 tablespoons maple syrup. Add the milk mixture all at once to the cornmeal mixture. Add the chopped bacon. Stir just until moistened. Pour the batter into an 8x8-inch Reynolds(R) Bakeware Pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving.
- Drizzle with additional maple syrup, if desired.
- REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIP:
- Corn bread and bacon it doesn't get much better than that! Bakeware pans are perfect for baking and transporting this delicious dish to potluck and tailgates or even give it away there's no pan to return!
Per Serving: 220 calories; 8.8 29.3 6 61 422 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Very good! I love the change in flavor. I would try it served with chili next time and not just a side.
I thought this was fantastic. I made it in an iron skillet. Cooked the bacon, drained some of the grease, poured the batter in and cooked. Yummy.
My husband and I couldn't wait to make this, but we were a bit disappointed with the results. It was very dry and we might as well have left the bacon out, because the flavor just wasn't there. ...