Vegetarian Keema Matar with Cucumber Raita
3 made it | 0 reviews |
Yves Veggie Cuisine
"Warm, fragrant Indian-inspired vegetarian curry contrasts deliciously with cool cucumber raita. Serve over basmati rice."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 236
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Prepare Raita: Drain excess liquid from cucumber and blot with paper towel. In medium bowl, mix together yogurt, cucumber, mint, onion, if using, and cumin. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 1 day. To serve, garnish with additional chopped cucumber and paprika, if desired.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes or until soft. Stir in garlic, ginger and green chile; cook for 1 minute, stirring often.
- Stir in tomatoes and ground round, breaking up with a spoon. Stir in coriander and cumin. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in peas. Cover, reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice, garam masala and dried chile peppers, if desired. Before serving, stir in fresh coriander. Serve with basmati rice and Raita.
- You can substitute 1 (320 g) package Yves Veggie Cuisine® Garden Veggie Crumble for Original Veggie Ground Round.
Per Serving: 236 calories; 10.5 19.4 18.2 17 457 Full nutrition