Ingredients50 m servings 350 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In pot of boiling water, cook potatoes for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain well and return to pot. Add margarine and half of the fresh ground pepper and mash until smooth; set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook ground round, green pepper and garlic, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add stock to skillet; bring to a boil.
- Add peas, corn, carrots, and remaining ground pepper.
- Spread mixture into 8-inch (2 L) square baking dish. Spread mashed potato over top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until bubbly around edges.
Per Serving: 350 calories; 8.4 g fat; 50.9 g carbohydrates; 19.3 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 729 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
This recipe was easy and SO good! I used red bell pepper rather than green because that's what I had. Next time I will double recipe and use a larger baking dish so maybe I will have leftovers.....
It was really good! If you're making it, expect the sweet potatoes to be softer than if you were making it with normal mashed potatoes. Also, I kept it in the oven for 5 mins more than it said t...
So good! Great recipe, as good as shepherds pie with meat, if not better :)
My husband and I loved this. It was the first time I made it. I didn't have broth so I used dry bouillon and a cup of water. I used cheese on top but should have let it brown first. I als...
This was really good! I made the recipe as is. Even my meat eating husband loved it!