Stuffed Peppers with Ancient Grains and Roasted Peppers
made it | 0 reviews |
Yves Veggie Cuisine
"An earthy, nutty mix of 7 ancient grains combines with Veggie Ground Round in a healthy, high-protein filling for stuffed bell peppers."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 311 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Cook ancient grains according to package directions, using vegetable broth. (Do not lift lid or stir while cooking.)
- Meanwhile, halve peppers lengthwise through stems; remove seeds and ribs. Boil peppers in a large pot of boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender; drain on paper towel. Set aside; keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring, for 6 minutes, until soft. Stir in garlic, cook for 1 minute. Stir in ground round, roasted peppers and pizza sauce. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Stir in ancient grains, tomato and parsley.
- Place prepared pepper halves in large baking dish. Fill each with ground round mixture, mounding high. Top with cheese. If desired, place under broiler to melt cheese.
- Replace cheese with Cheddar or mozzarella style shreds.
- Substitute 1 (320 g) package Garden Veggie Crumble for Original Veggie Ground Round, if desired.
Per Serving: 311 calories; 10.1 g fat; 37.6 g carbohydrates; 19.6 g protein; 15 mg cholesterol; 548 mg sodium. Full nutrition