Stuffed Peppers with Ancient Grains and Roasted Peppers
2 made it | 0 reviews |
Yves Veggie Cuisine
"An earthy, nutty mix of 7 ancient grains combines with Veggie Ground Round in a healthy, high-protein filling for stuffed bell peppers."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 311
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Cook ancient grains according to package directions, using vegetable broth. (Do not lift lid or stir while cooking.)
- Meanwhile, halve peppers lengthwise through stems; remove seeds and ribs. Boil peppers in a large pot of boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender; drain on paper towel. Set aside; keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring, for 6 minutes, until soft. Stir in garlic, cook for 1 minute. Stir in ground round, roasted peppers and pizza sauce. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Stir in ancient grains, tomato and parsley.
- Place prepared pepper halves in large baking dish. Fill each with ground round mixture, mounding high. Top with cheese. If desired, place under broiler to melt cheese.
You might also like
- Replace cheese with Cheddar or mozzarella style shreds.
- Substitute 1 (320 g) package Garden Veggie Crumble for Original Veggie Ground Round, if desired.
Per Serving: 311 calories; 10.1 37.6 19.6 15 548 Full nutrition